Essential UI/UX Design Tools and Tricks for Developing a Website
A website is more than just a couple of web pages linked together. It is an interface of the brand with the target audience, where different people and entities interact with the brand. The website should give its visitors the experience that urges them to come back for more. It’s the job of a web developer to build the website’s interface in such a way that it gives the best possible navigation to its visitors.
Web Development tools have grown tremendously in the last few years. By harnessing the power of the newly upgraded web developing tools in our favor, we can create a website that best fit the requirements. Here are some of the essential UI/UX designing tools for developing a modern website.
Sublime Text offers super efficient, well-designed and ultra speedy interface that gives its users the shortcuts they need for a quick and effective addition to their websites. One of the abilities offered by the Sublime text to its users is the edition of the same interactive changes to different areas of the website simultaneously.
Furthermore, it gives easy navigation to files, lines, and symbols, saving the web developers the precious seconds when they are working for long hours with their clients.
Chrome Developer Tools
GitHub is the solution to every developer’s biggest problem that is – making mistakes in a new project. With this service, one can easily see the changes made so far and even go back to the earlier versions, reducing the chances of making any huge mistakes. It also offers other components such as feature requests, bug tracking, wikis, and task management for every project.
When the developers start creating front-end applications regularly, they notice that the same pattern keeps emerging. UI frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrapis the solution to this problem. They abstract the common elements into reusable modules. This gives the developers templates for typography, buttons, forms, etc. and save the time as well as coding on new projects.
We know that HTML is one of the best options for any developer’s toolbox, but it was not officially designed to manage dynamic views. Google’s Angular.js development technology does this by extending the application’s HTML syntax.
Now that we have discussed the essentials tools for web development, let us look at some of the tips and tricks for effective web development:
- Know the audience: Before going straight into coding, one must keep in mind what type of user or audience they are making the website or web application for. The analytics app will help the developer in this process by giving him/her the crucial insights.
The developer must have a deep insight into what the target audience needs. The website can be further refined based on user feedbacks and interactions.
- Design the interface according to usage: A website’s interface is one of the factors that defines whether the user will be coming back or not. There is an immense need to emphasis on defining ‘how people will use the website’s interface.’ This is not only limited to the audience but also what devices they use. For example: If the audience visits the website via smartphones then make the website interface more compatible with mobile devices.
- Anticipate mistakes: Human errors will always be there, all that a developer can do is prevent them or provide methods to fix them. A web developer should code the application in such a way that it should be able to handle future upgrades or changes.
- Plan different element’s size and placement: It is human nature to click or tap the button which is nearer or bigger. It is wise to keep the buttons and links big enough that are expected to be commonly used by the audience. This is an essential requirement in lists or menus, as the user will repeatedly click on the wrong links and get frustrated in doing so. Additionally, you can give easy navigation options like search bars on the website to make it easier for the users to find what they want.
- Easy to learn interface: Generally, people like the websites that are simple and easy to use. If you want to build an efficient and effective website, then keeping its interface simple is a pre-requisite. The developer should always hide the complexity of the website or app in a simple and easy to use interface. A great example of this would be Microsoft Word. One can do wonders with MS Word but it is mostly used for typing, a layman can just open the application and start typing without interfering with its complex options.
- Remember the standards: It is good to be creative and rein things don’t, but thingsdon’t go according to the plan always. To play safe, keep the standards in mind while developing the website. The best example of this would be “Google docs” as they offer the same menu bar given in the Microsoft Word. This helps the users to get familiar with the website faster and surf it easily as they are used to the interface and menu bars of the websites/app already available on the market.
These were some of the essential UI design tools, tips, and tricks to make the web developing easier, efficient and effective. By utilizing all or a combination of some of these tools and tricks, a web developer can easily develop a website that outshines the competition.