10 Best Free WordPress Themes for Authors of 2020 (Download Now)
Blogging and the concept of marketing is a big thing today. WordPress makes it easy for you to start a blog and connect with your audience minutes after setting up your platform without any programming skills. Why is this? WordPress offers you a pile of impeccable themes on which you can display your content. Over time, WordPress updates these themes, which is why, in the coming year, you need to focus on these 9 best free WordPress themes for writers in 2020 to appeal to your audience.
Handpicked 10 Best WordPress Themes for Authors of 2020
- Neve – 80,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- OceanWP – 500,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- Astra – 600,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- Poseidon – 30,000+ Active Installations / 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Hemingway – 20,000+ Active Installations / 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Olsen Light – 10,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- Lovecraft – 10,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- Hueman – 60,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- Writee – 20,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
- Tracks – 7,000+ Active Installations / 5 out of 5 stars.
Neve is a lightweight beginner’s theme that can fit any blog you might want to put up. With Neve you do not have to worry about the speed of loading. The theme is also easy to customize into your most specific requirements. Key features of this theme include:
- The platform is impressive on mobile
- Neve is optimized for search engines
- The platform offers real-time changes while editing
- Works on most page builders
- It is snappy given one can get it up and running in a snap
Neve is exactly what you need when looking for a specific appearance for your page. In case you are looking for additional features such as premium starter sites, custom layouts, and excellent support, you can update to higher plans from $39 to $99 annually.
Another theme that you may want to use on your blog is OceanWP. If you are looking for a cleaner theme that allows you the discretion to customize your page, this is the theme for you. Some must-know features of OceanWP include:
- A bulky extension library that allows you to improve the functionality of your page with knowledge of code
- Ocean WP allows you to edit settings for your portable devices such as tablets and mobile phones.
- Works on most page builders besides Beaver Builder and Elementor
Luckily with OceanWP, there is no premium version. You are free to use anything that is on the theme, which is quite cost-effective.
Astra – Most Active Free WordPress Theme for Authors
Next in line in 2020 is Astra. If you want a theme that is easy to customize, navigate, showcase content, and sell products online, Astra is the right theme for you. Must know features for the Astra theme include:
- Comes with impressive extensible premium add-ons
- Astra is e-commerce ready for platforms like WooCommerce
- The theme is mobile friendly given its compatibility to AMP
When compared against other free WordPress themes, Astra has the largest library of already-built sites, making it possible for you to find the ideal look. There are many great themes out there that can make your blog outstanding. There are tips on themes that can come in handy in this regard. Nevertheless, it is quite recommendable if you one day think of selling a product or service online. If you need to enjoy using it, even more, you could subscribe to its premium version at an annual rate between $59 and $249.
This near-perfect theme is suitable for showcasing content in crispy and exciting visuals. Poseidon offers you a full-screen image basket, offsetting any negative spaces might be easy. One special attribute of Poseidon is the fact that it is appropriate for your mixed content blog. Any posts or pictures you might use on Poseidon appear shiny, something that might excite most of the audiences you target with your content. Poseidon is free, but you can also update to premium at an annual rate that starts from $72.00. If the cost goes beyond this amount, it might be because of the level of support you might require as well as the number of websites needed.
Hemingway – Best Free WordPress Theme for Authors
Most blog sites use a two-column design today. The Hemingway theme is the most appropriate theme for such a design. Hemingway is clean and straightforward; it draws your attention only to the content you work on above everything else. Other key features of the Hemingway include:
- An impressive scrolling effect given its full-width header image
- Discretion for a lot of customization but with complex requirements
Hemingway is clean enough to accommodate most of the simple blogs you may want to create. Moreover, it is extensible for complex sites. Whereas most of the themes we have talked about have a premium, Hemingway is among the few that does not have a premium, therefore budget-friendly.
Are you starting a lifestyle blog on niches such as fashion and travel? Olsen Light is the theme you need. With its impressive array of customization options, this theme allows you to integrate with a significant number of custom widgets. With this website, you can find almost anything you need to create your blog. Olsen Light is:
- Quite customizable and easy to use
- Compatible with most page builders
Olsen Light’s default design offers a high-end sheen to your blog. If you are a sophisticated web creator, this is the theme for you. Do not think that the theme limits you to lifestyle sites but also professional blogs like those that feature product reviews. For regular premium support and updates, you will need the premium version at $49. Given its impressive functionality, this cost should be pocket change.
Lovecraft – Free Minimalist WordPress Theme
Another theme that comes in a two-column design is Lovecraft. The theme functions explicitly on the needs of a Authors. The theme, moreover, features a full-width header image. Lovecraft also comes with impressive logos, custom accents, and styles that can improve the appearance of your blog. Lovecraft is quite snappy. It will be up and running any time the set up completes. You might think that with its minimalist look and its allowance for mixed blogs that it has a premium version. However, there isn’t any. Everything you will need is available.
Hueman is slick and customizable. It is mobile-friendly, therefore, suitable for a moving user. Key features include:
- Being one of WordPress highly rated themes
- A three-column design
- A versatile design
You will find this theme when you are a long text blog writer. When using the related posts strategy, this is the blog for you. Hueman comes with a premium at the cost of $59 for one year or a one-time payment of $99. The benefits with these premiums are the enhanced support and the unlimited activation of sites.
“Everybody reads, shops, and authors on their mobile phones. I try as much to choose a slick, customizable, and mobile-friendly theme for my websites. It helps me reach a passionate mobile using generation today.”- Shares Estelle Leotard, a freelance writer at WowGrade.
This is the best theme for personal blog authors. If you need a template for content about fashion, food, and travel, this is the best theme for you. Features of Writee include:
- Impressive appearance on small screens
- Full-width slider for your content
- Custom widgets that can improve your sidebar
One thing you will like about this theme its ease of use. Writee looks stunning and leaves you anxious to create new content. If your needs supersede what it offers, you may want to consider its premium plans. The license for one site goes at $34.99. A five-site license will cost you $99.99.
Tracks comes in a dark and minimalist feature’s design. The theme has a unique default appearance as compared to other free WordPress blog themes. Its compact layout is appropriate for photography, magazine sites, and blogging. Must know features of Tracks include:
- Image-based content is suitable for creatives.
- Compatible with e-commerce platforms like WooCommerce.
Overall, Tracks works best on image-heavy sites that require a dark color palette. Tracks is free. However, it always premium upgrades at a cost starting at $49 each.
From website colours to themes and designs, there are multiple themes to use in 2020. These are just but a few to make your search for good themes easy. Make your choice now on the most appropriate theme for yourself and readers.
You May Like:
- 20 Popular Feminine Blog/Shop WordPress Themes
- 21 Best Portfolio WordPress Themes for Designers to Get More Design Jobs
- 20 Appetizing Food & Restaurant WordPress Themes
- 20 Best Bitcoin, ICO, Digital Wallet and CryptoCurrency WordPress Themes
- 20 Visually Stunning Creative Portfolio WordPress Themes
- 70+ Best WordPress Blog Themes (Download Free Now)
- 10+ Free Responsive Magazine WordPress